SPRING IS UPON US!! I couldn't be more excited for the warmer weather and longer days here on the east coast. Partially because I love this time of year, but also because it means new culinary adventures!
When we can finally get outside and grill and have friends/family over, I know we'll want to have dishes that we can offer that contain all of the favorites but without having to feel bad purchasing products for my guests that I wouldn't eat myself. One example of this is potato salad - it's always filled with loads of mayo, salt and sometimes even sugar!! Not to mention that dairy doesn't sit will for most of us and causes low levels of inflammation.
So I've recreated this summer side go-to using a new brand that I love, SuperKruat (https://www.rawsuperkrauts.com/) and hummus instead of mayo. In fact, I prefer to find alternatives to even the vegan mayo options out there, because those tend to be filled with other ingredients as well. Read those labels, people!
Hope you have fun recreating this, and tag me in your creations!
- 4 medium japanese sweet potatoes
- 1 container Sprouted Hummus (about 1/3c)
- 1c or more of SuperKruats, or any sauerkruat honestly will do - go mild with the flavor so it doesn't overpower
- Pink salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Wash and slice sweet potatoes into wedges
- Oil baking sheet and place sweet potatoes into oven for 30-45 minutes, or until cooked well
- Remove from oven and let cool completely, then cut into small pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, combine hummus, kraut, potatoes and stir then add in salt and pepper to taste!