I wouldn't say I necessarily miss bread, but it definitely pairs well with a lot of great foods. It's sort of like a vessle for toppings such as avocado, almond butter, homemade jam, fried eggs, coconut yogurt ... the list goes on. So every now and again, I wish I had bread on hand. Hence why, I whip up some recipes on the fly to see what tastes good and what will add value to my favorite meals.
I came home from a busy day - had a home cooking session with a client followed by a 4 hour work meeting, some traffic on the way home after hitting up the Co-Op for groceries ... and I just felt like making bread LOL. Am I alone on this one?? Probably, but hey, it's kind of like my meditation.
Often when I bake, I open my cabinets up and pull out ingredients and experiment. More often than not, it's a fail. But the times it's not, are epic. This recipe, first try, turned out pretty epic.
- 2c millet flour
- 2 fresh eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds + 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grease bread pan wtih coconut oil
- In mixing bowl, add all ingredients
- Stir well until batter is formed
- Pour batter into bread pan
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until golden brown and knife comes out clean
- Remove from pan and let cool on cooling rack before slicing