Baked sweet potato fries anyone??
Let's face it ... we all love fries! They're fun, easy to pair with almost anything, and filling too. While these can be super unhealthy if fried and covered in oil, if you take 30 minutes to make a batch at home in the oven, you can take advantage of the iron, calcium, selenium, vitamin B and C that sweet potatoes are loaded with! And, paired with this vanilla cinnamon dipping sauce made with cashews as the base, you can get in some healthy fats as well!
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- Coconut oil
- Salt, pepper, any other seasoming desired
- 1/4c cashews
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4c water
- Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees
- Wash and slice 3 large sweet potatoes, make sure your slices are about 1/4” thick and 1/4-1/2” wide
- Place potato wedges on lightly greased pan and bake for 15 minutes, then flip and bake for another 10-15. You want both sides to be blackened and the potato to be soft
- For the sauce, blend cashews, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and water. Add more water as you go to get desired consistency or add some cayenne pepper to cut the sweetness a bit!
That's it! Super simple and fun to involve the whole family in!