Here is another one of my favorite go-to's - if you enjoyed the Coconut Bliss Balls, then I think you'll find this one just as delicious. These can be made into balls as well if you prefer the portion size instead.
Protein Energy Balls Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Recipe Makes: 30 balls
Materials: mixing bowl, baking sheet or 8x8 pan, parchment paper, and food processor
- 2c cashews (can swap out based on allergies)
- 1c egg white protein powder or protein of choice: pea, whey, hemp, etc.
- 1/2c unsweetened cacao or carob powder
- 18 large Medjool dates
- 2-4 tblsp water
- 1/2c coconut flakes or carob chips if desired for coating
- Optional flavors to add in: cinnamon, ginger, vanilla extract
- Remove pits from dates if not purchased pitted
- In a bowl, soak the dates in warm water for about 5 minutes
- In food processor (or high powered mixer/blender), process the cashews, protein, andcacao powder until the nuts are small pieces. Be careful not to turn into a powderedform, as we want texture
- Add the pitted dates and process until combination looks dry
- Keep the processor running and add tablespoons of water, one at a time, until themixture is sticky. The more moist your dates, the less water you’ll need. Go slow to avoid adding too much water
- Remove mixture and press into a lined 8x8 pan; use hands to press evenly (can wet your hands a little to prevent sticking to the "dough")
- Place pan in fridge for an hour, or freezer for 30 minutes, then remove and cut into bars using a sharp knife
Should be kept in the fridge and can last up to a week, or stored in freezer for up to two weeks!