Having been gluten free and grain free for quite some time, I’ve missed out on having bread. Of course my meals haven’t totally needed it, but there’s just something about it that can add to a meal at times.
Now that the colder months are in full swing, I’m transitioning out of my morning smoothies and craving something more grounding and warming so I rolled my sleeves up in the kitchen, and came up with this amazing Zucchini Bread! Made with just a few simple ingredients and baked in just over an hour, this could even be a great gift or party dish!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ c almond flour
- ¼ c date syrup
- 1c grated zucchini
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil or low fat coconut milk
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- In small bowl, add 3 dates and fill with hot water until the dates are submerged
- Coat bread pan with coconut oil, or line with parchment paper
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl, except the zucchini
- In blender, blend together the water and softened dates until liquid and add the ¼ c date syrup Combine all ingredients until smooth
- Grate the zucchini and add to your mixture, folding as you add in
- Pour into the bread pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for an hour, or until top and edges are golden brown
- Allow to cool before removing from pan
Option to add in chocolate pieces or drizzle chocolate on when removed from heat, to add walnuts or pecans for a crunch, or to just get creative and make your own twist on this bread!!